Stacey has been practicing as a Speech and Language Therapist since 2001 when she graduated from De Montfort University in Leicester, UK with a Bsc Hons. Since qualifying she has gained further qualifications in Paediatric Dysphagia (eating and drinking difficulties) in 2002/3 and 2007/8 at Manchester Metropolitan University. She is currently training to be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Stacey is the Clinical Lead for Paediatric Speech Therapy services at Royal Brompton Hospital. Stacey has a particular interest and highly specialist skills in working with babies and pre school children with feeding and swallowing difficulties including complex medical conditions such as prematurity, cardiac, respiratory and gastro.
Stacey can help support infants and children presenting with preterm feeding difficulties, breast feeding and lactation issues, bottle feeding, weaning challenges, reflux ,gagging and choking on food, food refusal, extended feeds/mealtimes, fussy eaters and dysphagia (swallowing problems).
Stacey’s professional achievements include
- Nomination for Speech and Language Therapist of the year
- Appearance on Teachers TV: Access to the curriculum
- Appearance in Best Beginnings DVD: Small wonders
- Contributor to chapters in the book: "Developing Clinical Skills in Dysphagia" Cook & Harding (2012)
- Presented at conferences in the UK and abstracts presented at international conference.
- Published in journals (additional work currently awaiting publication)